Tag Archives: wip

[WH40K] Powering up the Haemotrope Reactors!

Fuelled with the blood of martyrs…

I totally fell in love with those reactors in the first place, so I ordered a box. The intention was to combine them with my Promethium Relay Pipes. GW said they would be perfectly compatible and I wanted to see, if that is the truth 🙂

After one night of cutting out plastic pieces out of their frames and having no plastic glue at hand (shame on me). I got another night assembling my new stuff. I also had a box of 40K containers and there is a lot of stuff included!!

The size of the reactors
Before I got my hands on the reactors I searched the web and nobody said something about the size of those reactors! That’s why I will provide some images to give you an idea of how big they are.
A reactor is about 4.5 inches (11cm) tall and nearly 4,5 inches (11cm) wide and 2 inches (5cm) thick. I also took some pictures with miniatures. I think they will do great on the field!

[sc:pics]

img_20161116_212723

img_20161116_213016
img_20161116_213227img_20161116_213311
img_20161118_001704
Those reactors are huge!


[sc:pice]

The compatibility with the Promethium Relay Pipelines
In the first place I thought… uhh, this won’t fit! But then I saw it. They fit perfectly. A reactor has three possible conection points for a pipe and it looks great!
In the pictures you can see the difference between the two in the color. My reactors have a dark grey plastic color and the pipes are in light grey.

[sc:pics]

img_20161117_214138


img_20161117_214146
img_20161116_220150
img_20161117_214119
img_20161116_223325
img_20161116_223337
The REactors fit perfectly to the relay pipelines!


[sc:pice]

Current state of work
Until now I have one generator finished for painting. The other pieces are still unfinished. Here are some impressions.

[sc:pics]

img_20161117_215032


img_20161117_220342
img_20161117_220400
img_20161117_220416
img_20161117_220422
img_20161117_220446
img_20161118_001527
My current state of work.


[sc:pice]

[WH40K] Preparing the containers

This is a small post, where I want to show you my progress I made witch my playmobil containers. I treat them with my rotary tool. I at first took just two or better three of them. Just to test out the possibilites. Those playmobil plastic is very tough 😀 You need to apply a bit of force to get some good results. I decided not to close the slots on top of the containers. The problem was, that the surface of the plastic is very shiny. In order to prevent some aweful glnces from the interior of the containers I applied some black pimer onthe inner parts of the containers before I glued the top cover onto them. I glued the damaged containes on bases and applied some glue water and sand on them. That’s all for now 🙂
[sc:pics]
IMG_20141007_141041IMG_20141007_195031
IMG_20141007_211341IMG_20141007_221825
IMG_20141007_221857IMG_20141007_221903
IMG_20141008_074455IMG_20141008_074542
[sc:pice]